The old fisherman’s cottage with its buildings and gardens is part of the typical countryside of Retula/Tyrväntö.
The cottage was renovated in 2004 into a modern house. Some of the furniture and wooden work inside the cottage are handmade by local carpenters. Old roses, fruit trees and berry bushes grow in the yard and are in full use of the tenants. A small stone barn still stands firmly in place and has been fully restored.
A separate sauna at the courtyard, the barn building for firewood, a barbecue room and a sleeping barn give unique environment to have great time at Lepistö.
Grandman’s cottage has
- Sleeping chamber, living room / kitchen, toilet, electric sauna, bathroom and veranda.
- The total living area is 65m2
- Modern amenities: electric and wood heating, underfloor heating in the bathroom, toilet and veranda. Modern kitchen with all facilities, TV, video, radio / CD, vacuum cleaner, washing machine, dryer, hair dryer.
- The sleeping chamber has a double bed, the living room / kitchen has a sofa bed, the indoor porch also has an extra spare bed Best suited for 4 to 5 people
- The rowing boat is in Vanajavesi on the common beach of the village about 600m away.
- Fishing tackles/gears can be found in the veranda closet.
- A small outboard motor can be rented at an additional cost.
- The barn can accommodate two people from early spring to late autumn.
- A barbecue made of natural stones can be found at the courtyard.
- A bus stop is 50m away.